Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week Four (12/1-7)


I hate going anywhere this time of year mostly because of the Christmas crowds. There's nothing "Holly Jolly" about the people I have run into, sometimes literally. They're deranged isle blockers who's sole purpose is to make others go twenty-five feet to get to where they want to go that is only three feet from where they started.

I wasn't even Christmas shopping nor in the mood to start. I avoided Black Friday like the plague. Actually I have one present bought, but I got that off ebay. Ebay is a great invention! You don't have to leave the safety of your house to get something, and the world is your mall! It was a book I ordered from the UK. Maybe that's one thing about being older: You can still be amazed by the fact that through your laptop you can connect with the world, have your say, or order the perfect gift. I've been told I'm easily entertained, maybe that's why.

After the rough trip Paul bought me some eggnog. Sweet man! It's the one thing I do look forward to every year. I had it for dinner. Nothing else. What else do you need? I hope I'm not the only person who fulfills the childhood rants: When I grow up I'm going to drink all the eggnog I want! When I grow up I'm going to have cake for dinner! When I grow up... what's yours that you do? I tried to get my son to eat his birthday cake for breakfast with milk poured on it and he wouldn't do it. What's with this younger generation!

I got a Christmas card in the mail today and it reminded me of something: We haven't put any decorations up. I know I need to drag them out, it's just they get pushed to the back of the storage room and it means walking over other stuff to get to them. One thing nice is I have several cards from past years from my Mom. I love seeing her handwriting! I guess that is one thing I can't put off any longer. I'll do that first thing tomorrow.


Lessons learned this week?
1. Egg nog still hasn't lost it's joy
2. Christmas shopping never had it.

No comments: