Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Touché


Two days ago I opened my email and saw one from a newspaper 2,000 miles from me! I got a bit hot and yelled "Why am I getting this!?" I opened it to unsubscribe, and immediately saw a recipe for Spiced Peach Pie. 

My grandma made delicious spiced peaches! She canned them, and the heady taste of cinnamon and clove in a sweet-pickled syrup was pure ambrosia!

Nodding, I said (yes aloud, because I talk to emails too) "Well played newspaper from across the country, well played." and didn't unsubscribe. They won this round. Touché.

Unless that Spiced Peach Pie sucks. 


The photo is my own. I bought a case of "canning peaches" prepandemic. They weren't pretty, but they made a great ice cream topper/peach cobbler filling I froze for the then future. I didn't inherit the canning gene, but our small deep freezer is very handy. 

No comments: