Friday, February 24, 2012

End Of Weekly Talks

I was having a little problem with the blog site. It wouldn't let me type and just kept loading. I decided to take that as a sign to end my weekly 'talks' with you and move into a 'when the mood hits me'. It may be twice a month or it may end up six times a month...when I have something to say I'll say it and hope you find it amusing or helpful.


The other day I was having a down kind of day. We all have them from time to time and I wasn't in the mood to grocery shop which is where I found myself at that moment. I just hate dealing with all the isle blockers and all the thinking involved with thinking ahead to what I will want to eat four days from now.


My son, Damien, was beside me and out of the blue he said; "You know, we're safe from zombies in here."


I looked at him and said, "Why?"


A smile pulled at his mouth and he said, "Cause they would come in the door saying 'Brains. Brains!' and then they'd look around at the people in here and say, 'Oh. Never mind.' and leave. Cause these people in here must have brains too small to waste their time on."


That boy cracks me up! I can't stay in a bad mood with him around! I'll admit I nourished that part of his personality because I can't stand people who can't see the humor in life. Yes, we all have our moments when we need to feel sorry for ourselves, but once you've rolled around in self pity for a while you need to stand back up and move forward. It's not good for you physically or mentally. It makes the days long and hard. Even if you have to force yourself at first, in the long run you'll get yourself back in control. That's one reason I promised never to have a pity party on these pages. Yes, I sometimes burden my friends with all my wah, wah, but never you!


Maybe this is my 'Happy Place'? Hum...pretty cool lesson learned!

No comments: