Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back In Black (Ink)

For quite a while I got locked out of my own blog! It had something to do with a change they made to the site and my inability to figure out what they did. I could only stare at what I had written but never add. Big bummer! I enjoyed writing to you. I never got to finish the list I was doing, but I found my way back to you now these many months later, so I will add new with time.
 
I poured out the three two liter bottles of water I had stored for Doomsday. We tore our garage and attached shed or lean-to down before it fell down. A lot of stuff got thrown away because it was ruined or trash. The whole area was a soggy mess with snow and rain and big trucks from the people who tore it down and the roofers who followed. It was SUCH a mess here! But we have a new roof and front porch and a new place to use my 30 year old metal detector. Paul found metal salt and pepper shakers that are shaped like pot belly stoves. Pretty cool! He also found a literal bucket full of rusty nails, most in one giant pile. I found a pile of those weights that make old windows go up and down. I also dug up an ice cream bucket of broken glass and I'm not done. People used to just dump trash I guess! The house was built in about 1915. Before all I had found with the metal detector was a 1976 half dollar, an 1888 penny and TONS of nails and some bottle caps. We decided to keep all the metal and take it in for cash. We might just make 1 dollar! Never know...


What I've learned:

How to get back into my blog, kind of. Actually I really don't know how I got locked out or even how I got back in!

No comments: